Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

5:30 wake-up….

Shout and admiration for all those early risers.  I use to be one of those. It isn't my nature but for a time in my life exercise with friends was routine in the 5 am hour.  Today I embraced the 5:15 alarm, OK I hit snooze and was happy Joe's alarm at 5:28 motivated me out of bed.  The double incentive helped - getting to a yoga class at 6 I had enrolled in and the need to wake up Clare at 5:30.

Life on Newark-Granville Road. Our oldest is the earliest riser and does so without complaint.  She may voice discontent in general conversation, however no grumbling when the light goes on in her room.  In fact as I type this and reflect on the look she gave me when I illuminated the room at 5:30 this morning- it is the same look she use to give me as an infant looking out from her crib.  Clare hasn't changed much in all these years.

So 5:30- what is happening in our sleepy town?  The lights are blinking yellow, something I miss seeing.  You know you are out late or up early when that shade and pace of yellow greets you. A few lone cars, dog walkers and exercisers are out- but it is dark and today was snowy so fewer than I recall.  The yoga class I took was lovely.  I only did it as that was the class that fits my full kid activity, working @ The Works schedule (STEMfest is this weekend- look for tomorrow's blog to share those details.) Included in my exercise goals are two yoga classes a week- check!  The class, instructor, studio (A place called Om) were wonderful at the 6 am hour. I think I'll need to set my alarm clock earlier in the near future. Starting the day off with the stretches, focus and balance really feel good.

The drive home to start the day with the family on Newark-Granville Road made me smile.  The Cake Lady's car at Palumbo's means delectable yummies are in progress.  River Road coffee gave a welcoming light as people made their way. The traffic lights were back to stop and go directives, I passed two buses on their routes.  (It has been awhile) The day has started. Life on Newark-Granville Road is filled with places to go, things to do, people to see.

No comments: