Search This Blog

Monday, June 21, 2021

A beautiful Father's Day 2021 via the Back Roads!

The opportunity to visit Harpers Ferry, WV on Father's Day was not lost on me and is blog post-worthy.

2014- March, my father and I waited and waited for Joe, Clare, and Peter to emerge from their Appalachian Trail experience.  2021, Sally and Joe emerged from their own Appalachian Trail experience.









My father loved Harpers Ferry, and this beautiful painting captures him in his happy place so well. Being here, eating a great lunch, with fabulous people, looking at the same station was such a wonderful way to spend Fathers Day 2021.

Joe and Sally's trip with dear friends Brian and Izzi, supported by Nana and me, was something special. I'm reminded of the important lessons to get away, go for a walk, challenge yourself, try something new, share, and one of the final sentiments my father said...take the back roads! The Maryland backroads are beautiful and all the more so when shared.

Come back soon for a guest blog appearance from the wonderful father here in our lives on Newark-Granville Road!  Joe, thank you for being an amazing father, partner, spouse, friend- Happy Happy Father's Day to you!


No comments: