Search This Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2026

I Cryin

I shared with somone recently about the interesting ways emotions present themselves.  This is the time of year I talk and listen with many parents about transitions. I am a crier. I cry at commercials, sappy shows, even interviews with sports figures. In our lives on Newark-Granville Road you often hear, Mom's crying. One of the family- taps the other and points- look at Mom. And I'm wiping a tear- happy, sad, indifferent but evoking a memory and/or emotion- I well up. I am who I am.

I tend not to cry at the expected times. When the kids go to school, go on to their next chapter. The first day of Kingdergarten I cheered. I'm happy, excited, proud...and then it finds me. I miss them, I don't want them to stay, but I live in a world of swirling, conflicted, complimentary emotions. And I'm grateful for those feelings and the support. The ability to soothe and plan....

So sharing too things this morning:

1st- Patsy Jones- Denison Parent and Grandparent and HUGE Buckeye fan and just wonderful philanthropist and community builder. She is missed already but her legacy lives on. I want to include her obituary here: Obituary, Visitation & Funeral Information | Patsy P. Jones

and thanks to the person that shared the news, I missed this and probably need to do better at reading the on-line obits.  End of era....

2nd..Sally left for college, senior year...our last college departure....we've not been great with "first day" pics but have them in mixed match forms...It was a sweet farewell, the goodbye to Lucy. We've loved having Sally home this summer- thank you AEP. (Really thank you AEP with all the storm damage, more sadness). We're proud of the good work in the past and future...excited for senior year, senior field hockey season and beyond- enjoy every minute!!








(and the title for this comes from our beloved niece who will launch her college time soon...cue the tears....as a baby she'd take out her passie in the crib and yes- I cryin, I cryin...meaning- time to get me out of there!)  So yes Louisa- I too was Cryin...and I got myself up and out and am happy for a full day of living on Newark-Granville Road. Knowing it is so because of people like Patsy and Don Jones and so many others that comfort and share.

No comments: