What is sitting in the rain, no phone, cheering on your daughter and her team, sitting next to your husband. Knowing you'll connect with the older kids later today and the group text is inspired by conversations and care, memories and check-ins. This is love, happiness, contentment. This was me today.
I have been looking forward to this trip, this weekend for quite some time and it did not disappoint. We love visiting college towns, connecting with fellow parents, seeing our baby. I have such fond memories of Clare's senior season and we've now launched Sally's. I have fond memories of every college visit and parents weekend, and our own trips. I value the intersections and overlaps with NCAC, riverly, and liberal arts approaches, friends from all over and their growth. But the college towns, our meals, drinks, walks and discoveries. Shops with things that become favorites and still to dos, to bring us back.
I love that Granville is this for so many and we support and recognize the gift our fair college on the hill is as well. I love taking a break and just being a parent, over coffee today waiting for breakfast I was just a Mom.
Life on Newark-Granville Road, this September 20th has me preparing for a full week, a week with a pause to remember and honor a mother, our mothers, my being a mother...it was such a good weekend to be a Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment