Search This Blog

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Reds, Yellows, Greens and Orange.....seasons of change.

Swirls of color all around town.  Swirls of emotions in my life on Newark-Granville Road.  Here are the happenings.....
-late color pop this Fall. I wasn't sure we'd have this at all. The wonderful warm weather seemed to be a swap for leaf show.  Not the case- this weekend the reds, the oranges, the lush green of the grass provided a treat to the senses. 
-sad news in church again, another death of a devoted member, someone who welcomed me to town when we moved here. A special friend's mother, the end of an era for this family. The gray sky set the tone and the color celebrated her life.
-I finished the book Dreamland, The True Tale of America's Opiate Epidemicc by Sam Quinones.
An important read and as I shared with book club- "terrifying".  I thought I knew enough about this story. Joe listened to it on a vacation and shared key components. I didn't know enough- I needed to read it. I can't wait to discuss it.  Unofficial statistic tonight- 78 heroin overdoes in Columbus Ohio in a 12 hour period on Friday.  We have to talk about this and know about this. Stepping back it is fascinating, stepping in as a mother of three I'm so frighted by this.
-a creative, fun, literary gathering happened next door last night and it was such a delight.  Our whole family attended and engaged with our wonderful neighbors and their new friends, our friends. The hospitality was fantastic and after reading Dreamland, we recognized how important it is to develop these relationships as families with families.
-beautiful luncheon, gathering great group of women on Newark-Granville road- well done and thank you Kim and your front yard table inspiration to unite neighbors.

There are so many things happening and we're in transition time with sports, the seasons, my ankle, work and such...it feels like the leaves in the trees, in the wind, in the yards.  Family and friend time keep me grounded and able to embrace the beauty- I'm grateful.

No comments: