Search This Blog

Saturday, March 14, 2020

The Launch of Social Distancing at 1142https://www.granpres.org/livestream

I scored the last pack of hamburger buns at the Granville IGA and felt like I won the lottery.  And they were the fresh-baked, Kaiser buns- yum!  Clare is home and I want her happy so she picked dinner. I had everything but the buns.  Did I go and only come home with buns?  Despite having spent serious cash at the store on Friday I still managed to fill the cart and require assistance to my car!  I decided we all deserved real ice cream.  Coronavirus eating is a different post.  Comfort food called and I answered. On Friday, I could not get a pack of hamburger meat, but the premade burgers worked great for dinner.  I went ahead and put hamburger meat in our freezer tonight though, felt good!   I can't even think about what else I picked up? Oh yes, some Lucky Cat bread for breakfast, Lucky Charms for St. Patrick's Day, fresh berries, trash bags and oh yes bacon- Joe will need bacon if he is home in the mornings.

Thank you, Mother Nature, - the snow was a great way to remind us of how to slow down, stay home, get comfy.  That is what we're doing in our lives on Newark-Granville Road.  The kids slept in, I completed my two midterm assignments- PHEW! Oh, that felt good! Well not really it was super hard- the timed test?!  And the essay is done- I like the topic- Charity and Philanthropy- compare, contrast, are they separate or part and parcel?  Use historic examples to defend your point.  And of course, the point was to showcase theories and the learning. I appreciated the task- just not the best week to do so.  Trying to finish this essay when the kids were finalizing emerging from a good night's rest- ahhhh-Oh yes a taste of what is to come, plus add Joe.

I let everyone just be lazy and Clare cry. At 5 pm we gathered at the table for cocktails and family time.  Sally made my Rob Roy- math and chemistry class- it was delicious. We Facetimed with my sister with my parents- that was nice. We cooked dinner and made some plans. Those buns were delish by the way- toasted on the griddle. We agreed to where we will worship tomorrow, yes we can do so in our PJs.  Join us on-line- hooray for FPC:  https://www.granpres.org/livestream  11 am.  Sally started organizing- I love this child.  Peter is working on his research paper- seriously, thank you Peter!  Clare is still crying but less so.  It is sweet and a testament to the friends and home she has made at Wooster.

And now it is movie time. We know how to do this, it is just the shifting, the transitioning and processing the disappointment.  We're doing the right thing. We're together. I'm counting blessings in my life on Newark-Granville Road.

Update 3/16/20:  There were so many people on line that the streaming did not hold.  We gave it our best and then wrapped up by holding hands and singing the doxology. Here is the sermon- it is worth the read!  Thanks to all those helping one another!  https://www.granpres.org/sermons/2020/3/15/6fzbum95w302mvqourxurlxq3mp8wp

No comments: