Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The New Year is off and running.....

Yes 2010 is here and I've had a great time in these first 10 days! Sally is officially 5 years old and celebrating that was wonderful.    My favorite comment was- oh yes today is my day (Jan 6-ephiphany) and the kings are coming to celebrate with me.  We celebrated at the Works - check out all the great things happening there in the near future! I hope you'll join me at some of these- let me know if you have questions, need more information.  You can visit the website at http://www.attheworks.org/ for more information too!

It has been a busy holiday season for an additional reason. I serve on the Granville Public Library Board and we're addressing the challenge of the state funding reductions. I've shared that I'm careful to focus my volunteer work on organizations that benefit my kids, the community kids but I've realized it goes a step further- I value and work for places that bring multiple ages together to strengthen a community- the library is indeed one of those places.  So it won't surprise you to learn I'm chairing the levy committee - (or maybe it will- a levy??) On May 4, 2010-please go vote!!  and learn more to help you vote at  http://www.granvillelevy.com

I'm learning so much about so many things-levy, government, libraries, Granville history, board dynamics and so much more!  It will be fun to post about this journey.  Some other commitments are being rearranged so I have the time for this extra work.  But I'll keep posting the basics- I'm sorry I'm a bit late in getting some of these fun January events!  Newark-Granville Road is in a great community and I look forward to seeing you soon.

No comments: