Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Today I Carry Kate Spade

Life on NG Road knows too many people who have been touched by mental health issues leading to death.  Kate Spade's death is tragic.  What to say?  We have to say something, we have to know where to get help and we have to support those needing help.  http://mhalc.org/  Licking County's Mental Health America website is filed with wonderful, important information. We were talking at lunch about a special artist, Glass Artist in Residence at The Works, who uses his art to educate, honor and build awareness about mental health.  And then we heard the news of Kate Spade's death.

I pulled out a favorite Kate Spade bag to carry today. I dressed to match my purse. In my life on NG Road I'm doing what I can to help.  The FB posts about this subject ask us to share that we are a house, a phone call, a walk, a friend when needed.  I am here for those in need.  My life is better when I'm talking, walking, engaging. I don't have answers but I can find people that do.  There is so much more to say but life calls and I'm grateful.

No comments: