Search This Blog

Saturday, March 13, 2021

My Vaccination- COVID- Share Time!

 Not only for the record books, but to assist.  I was grateful how easy it was to schedule and obtain my first vaccination.  First, thanks to the friend that texted from PA- 50 plus are March 11 in Ohio- sigh up. I went looking for how to sign up.  All of the sites close by providing vaccinations did not have appointments at that time.  I heard OSU did so I found my way there.  I did have to call and find assistance with my portal-some hold time while I made coffee not long after I had an appointment in the near future.  In the mean time I registered for emails and notices with the Licking County Ohio Health Department. On March 10 an email notice came that appointments were being scheduled for the next group. I clicked and clicked and voila- an appointment two days later.  I cancelled the OSU appointment.

I made time on my calendar. I showed up to the test site hydrated and full. I stood in a line similar to Epcot- it was indoors. It was lovely to see many people I had not seen in ages. It was lovely to see so many people.  Crowds- we've not seen them, been with them or in them.  I forget how big the world really is, I live in a bubble...a required bubble this last year!  My injection the first poke at bursting that bubble! So much more I could say about this but....back to the topic...what a delight it was to simply stand and take in a beautiful space with beautiful people.  What a marvel to be cared for so efficiently and let's hope effectively.  No insurance card, that was provided ahead on the website- just my ID.  I received notice via email that my appointment was completed.  I was handed a note about the next injection- I'll receive an email to schedule close to the date. I really can't recall anything so easy.  The nurse and workers so lovely, so positive.

Now to encourage others- be ready! The more that are vaccinated the more we apply the lessons of our time, the more we can engage in person, move about the country and world like we are meant to do.  Thank you to all those that made my vaccination happen- it is a deep well when you stop to think about it. Life on Newark-Granville Road wants to think about it.

In the meantime-we are still reducing our engagement, staying in the bubble. Grateful for an expanding bubble with caution- oh the dear one's I've missed and am SO grateful to see. Oh those I can't wait to see! We are making Derby Party plans...We are still streaming and spending time at home.

Tonight- enjoy the music of the Newark-Granville Symphony!!! A free concert!!  

https://www.ngsymphony.org/?fbclid=IwAR19g4Pa9_zBvAVjetlWuWETtNYxJsO-USHbGo2S4Ptw2PXzIg4Qi_vph9M   

We've been watching Mozart in the Jungle- oh what a treat....I almost feel like this performance is for me as a wrap up since we finished the show!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QixpBQcGAqc

Life on Newark-Granville Road is better with music, friends, fresh air and vaccines!

No comments: