Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2021

Sweet Tea Sundays

Recently we've hosted a Denison alum on our porch for an old fashioned catch-up over a glass of tea. I have deep gratitude for these friends for reaching out and making time to sit and chat.

I've also found myself making sweet tea as a reward for class time.  Before I can launch the on-line lectures I want to stomp the lemons to make the sugar roux producing a fabulous afternoon treat.  Today in my life on Newark-Granville Road the tea accompanied both- Economics and Conversation!

What else to share on today's blog?  Yard signs- yep they are back! Regular readers know Joe and I have a casual policy about only putting signs out if we know the person running and or if we are working on an issue. We're not big on too many signs.  We know a number of the people running this year and we're grateful to all willing to serve.  At one point we said, maybe we should take a year off from signs. Over a beer we went the opposite way. We agreed that those that we know and ask us will receive a positive response. It may confuse some people, and if it does, ask us.  We'll tell you why we put a sign in our yard. The easy answer, we are grateful people will serve, will run. We may not agree with everything someone running believes, but if the sign is in the yard we know we can talk. In fact, I'll even stir up some sweet tea and we can talk about it on a Sunday.

No comments: