Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Denison Holiday Happenings- Food Pantry Support, Jobs and Celebrations- Full Week!

 Dashing through the holidays....Denison Daze....It has been a full fabulous week with so much Denison. And it isn't even Friday..yet, almost!  Here is what I've been up to Denisonwise in my life on Newark-Granville Road:

1. Happy Birthday Denison! Yes, Monday was our 1831 Day, Denison's 190th birthday- pretty cool.  We celebrated with "gift giving", fundraising and my colleagues did a wonderful job. Thanks to all that supported the day (many parents and former parents, extra appreciation to you). It was the success it was thanks to our beloved Denisonians.

2. Elves in Action! On Tuesday I helped spread the word about this event and put a scancode on social medial. Here is the link: https://p2p.charityengine.net/ElvesInAction2021/Home/Index/  to give, help us meet our goal of $5000 for the Food Pantry Network of Licking County. We use to collect change and cash, walk the halls- this year we passed out candy canes and shared the link to give. Help spread the word, it is an important time of year to feed the hungry, fill the pantries! THANK YOU!

3. Party time, we celebrated on Tuesday evening with our team, Wednesday at lunch with the full college, and Thursday the division.  Cheers to great colleagues direct and indirect. It is important to take time at the holidays and catch-up, say thank you and compete! Our division had a really fun door decorating contest.  Thanks to special Richmond families I had a perfect item to use for recycled Denison Spirit...and I won, woo hoo! It was great to see the creative, fun side shining bright in "IA".  It really is a wonderful team and I'm so grateful.  

4. Speaking of the team- we have openings: please spread the word and encourage anyone that has ever thought- I'd like to work at Denison- this can be a great entry: .https://employment.denison.edu/postings/search?&query=&query_v0_posted_at_date=&225=&commit=Search  I'm happy to answer questions, provide insights.

I know we're in count down until Christmas and there is still much to do, but I'm sitting loosely this holiday season. Grateful school is done for me, work is in a happy place and yes, the kids are home! Life on Newark-Granville Road is full and fabulous.


No comments: