Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Valentines Day in 2023- Happy Birthday Sarah!

 Fifty-plus years ago my Dad took my brother Matthew and me next door. We picked out our cereal on the way and went to Aunt Ella and Uncle Bill's house. Daddy had to take Mommy to the hospital, the baby was coming.  I remember this like it was yesterday. It is probably my first memory, I was three.  We had a variety of friends/sitters including Mrs. Bollinger taking turns watching us. Ultimately we ended up back at our house when Gaga arrived in her VW Beattle. I remember the feeling of relief or comfort in having her there, multi-dimensional memories are fascinating!

I also remember when my father arrived home and I asked, what is the baby's name? He replied: Sarah Catherine, I repeated it back and bestowed my approval!  Oh, Happy Birthday dear Sarah, what a Valentine's gift that was and continues to be!!  How lucky I am to have a beautiful sister and all of our memories and support and fun and tears and scares and our families. I love you.

I'm teary today with the shooting news at MSU- I've been there, and college campus emergencies like this hit me as I work on a campus, and I'm here just about every day. My heart aches for all involved- each parent, student, faculty, staff, town person, alum, and emergency worker. Sigh.

Valentine's Day 2023- Joe and I will take Sally to a Blue Jackets game- date night, middle of the week treat/escape.  I have a little something for them and I've mailed and passed out a few valentines. Not enough but it is what it is.

Valentine's Day is not just for lovers, it is for people you just Love!  I remember finding this saying on a card when I lived in Omaha, NE and I've held on to it.  I love you for reading my blog- so have a great day!!  Go be you, this day is a gift.




Pictures tell the story...sisters...my maid of honor (wedding anniversary coming up-2-20! And Denison fun...picture from late 80s 90s....

No comments: