Search This Blog

Saturday, July 15, 2023

Ohio- Voting for Aug 8 & Be Informed!

Yesterday  I voted "early" in the August 8, 2023 Special Election. This ballot has one item, Ohio citizens are being asked to approve an amendment to our constitution.

https://www.boe.ohio.gov/licking/  Learn not only how and when to vote, but read both pro and con arguments.

I voted No, I voted no because I see the amendment taking away citizens' involvement and putting more power into the legislators.  https://votenoinaugust.org/   I recognize what other legislature is forthcoming and want the process of how our bills and laws are passed to remain as is. 

That said, we should all be doing more to be involved and engaged in our community and country's governance and there are so many ways to do it that do have an impact! My summer reading is reinforcing this: The Bill of Obligations: The Ten Habits of Good Citizens by Richard Haas  This book affirms my decision to vote no.

This book also magnifies my pride in Joe Leithauser's decision to run for Granville Village Council! He shared the news at our Derby party, is collecting signatures, and will file officially very soon! He is gathering his committee and more will be coming soon, stay tuned!  Life on Newark-Granville Road is involved and committed to our community.  The pursuit of my Master's in Philanthropy has showcased the interplay and reliance between the sectors: market, nonprofit, and government. Yay Joe, Elect Joe Leithauser! Joe Knows!

As always something out here of interest, disagree, do you want to know more or engage- let's have a cup of coffee or phone call to talk about Life on Newark-Granville Road!

Update- 8/11/23- The Election item on the ballot was defeated.

No comments: