Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

December 13, 2023 Cha-Cha-Cha

 Happy Birthday Denison!  https://support.denison.edu/1831day-give?sid=E241831&utm_campaign=1831&utm_medium=email&utm_source=emma&utm_content=std

Follow the link to join us in making a gift to honor this fair college on the hill, the home we know so well, the place that has indeed fostered incredible and important relationships!  We made our gift in honor of Shirley Hale, Shirley was the house mother at Pi Beta Phi when I was there, she is now our Granville Grandma.

Cha-Cha-Cha- the fun thing to say while singing happy birthday....and

how I feel about life on Newark-Granville Road, all the more so in December!

Keeping it real- I feel like I make progress- some gifts ordered, the holiday cards ordered, plans for holiday work cards, productive days, a beautiful tree hunt and ultimately decorated, then the dreaded question about- are you ready? My answer no, I'm never ready, I'm a December shopper! The count down- only 13 more days...how in the heck will gifts arrive, be wrapped and mailed back out....oh and there are still more to go, but I'll go this weekend, oh the kids are home- yay - they can help but I also need to buy for them...why don't I start earlier....Then a friend sends the perfect message on social media reminding me to breath, Joe and I are delighted by catching up with dear friends and being entertained oh so well at the PEO holiday party and I'm in the moment. It is a Cha-Cha- forward back and maybe add an electric slide spin!  If I'm crunchy forgive, me thank you for Grace, I'm real, I'm me and I'm grateful for all the things that do make December December and keep us cha-cha-chaing in life on Newark-Granville Road. Denison is one of those things and why we give!



No comments: