Search This Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Summer on Newark-Granville Road

Ahhhhh- all is as well as needs be on Newark-Granville Road tonight!  Kids are home from a grand time in Maryland and happy to be home. They've set out on bike ride to Whit's with Joe walking Griffey. The drizzly day took me right to found memories in Vermont as I sat cozy on the couch finishing a wonderful book.  After that I made a quick batch of gazpacho my only contribution to Joe's wonderful farmers market meal- fajitas with corn on the cob and peaches for dessert for me!!  Hmm- someone asked me for that recipe recently- here it is:

Susan's Gazpacho as observed or remember from her mother:
-fill the blender with fresh veggies- usually 2-3 tomatoes, 1/2 cucumber, 1 pepper, 1/2 an onion- remove skin (if you don't want those bits in there but they do increase vitamin intake) and chop. Then add a bit of this and that to include:  salt, pepper, olive oil, vinegar, worshishire sauce, hot sauce, different peppers, garlics, if you have some fresh herbs around I often through those in- mix and match flavors.  I then top off with a little can or two of V8.  Yummm- chill.  Serve with  finely chopped vegetables that are in the soup, I don't do sour cream but you can.

Anyway- I sit here typing on the sun porch with light on soaking in my contented space in this world.  And now they're home- they all found me and all spoke at once talking about the friends they got to see in town and their yummy new usuals! They ooze happiness.....If I could freeze time I would.

No comments: