Search This Blog

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Find Cake at Tannicakes or join me on the golf course!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVvpXZxXWZU

Tina Fey's Saturday Night Live "Cake" commentary to Charlottesville, VA marches.  Charlottesville saddened me, angered me.  A bit late but here it is! I love it.  Simple- I love it.  And I want to connect it to this bakery:  https://www.yelp.com/biz/tannicakes-newark     https://www.facebook.com/TanniCakes/   Tina says find a bakery owned by someone you want to support, someone that may not feel supported by current leadership.  That is only one reason to support TanniCakes.  Her products are delicious and beautiful.  She is a working mother who is working hard with a smile and honest perspective.  Enjoy!!  Parking is a challenge but she has a plan- lets help her execute the plan.  And I'm taking Tina's advice.


Political responses on my blog have been limited as I have not made deliberate writing a priority.  Note I didn't say I didn't have time.  I could take the time- but instead I've been focused on my amazing work at Denison- knowing that work makes a difference in our world, this world and our future world.  I embrace family time around a table or on the side lines or ??In my life on Newark-Granville Road  I may not eat cake often, but I do swing a golf club- the driving range is a wonderful place for me to process what is happening close to home and at the national level. Please take this for what it is- my way of sharing something that spoke to me and inspired me.

No comments: