Search This Blog

Monday, September 10, 2018

Me time in Maine

I ran away to Maine. I've always wanted to experience Maine. Thanks to a dear friend I went to Maine and: ate lobster in many forms- steamed, pie, pizza.  I like lobster enough (you know crab is my all time favorite food, not just seafood) but in Maine I loved lobster.  I also loved learning about lobster fishing.  It is beautiful.  I also enjoyed lots of clams- steamed, fried and in chowder.  Seafood chowder at The Maine Diner- amazing!

I swam in the ocean, I walked the beach and took in the rocky shore line.  I found the rocks of Maine that have called to me since we bought a beautiful Kathy Anderson painting. Just as I love to know an author's process and the "rest of the story" in photographs...paintings in our home have their own back stories/ connections.

I enjoyed good old girl time. I made new friends. I celebrated with an old friend.  I relaxed, slept unbelievably well and read a wonderful book.  I took a plane, train and car ride.   I walked and shopped, went to a sing-along bar and we had many toasts. I missed Joe, Clare, Peter and Sally so very much and am grateful for thier support of my trip, my vacation, my time for me- in Maine!  Some pictures that capture only some of the fun....

sunrise from my window....ahhhh
exhilarating swim!

 


No comments: