Search This Blog

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Peace, praying for peace tonight.

There is much to share and just no energy to do so today.  I will leave a few musings here, take aways from last week and my day.

The theme of the day launched with our church, FPC participating in the bells of peace: https://www.stripes.com/news/us/bells-will-ring-on-veterans-day-to-mark-100-years-since-wwi-armistice-1.555683   It was good to start with quiet and hear our bells and other community bells.

Last night we stayed home and had a low key evening- peaceful. I made steak au pouvre and enjoyed being with Joe and Sally.  We are human beings, not human doings.  We need to "be".  Thankyou Reverend Doris Westfall from St. Luke's in Granville for sharing that sentiment while we took time to connect in swasey Chapel on Thursday. Thank you for all you did for the Denison community, students, staff and family.  All clergy and health care providers deserve gratitude for their time, expertise and care last week.

I was so grateful to friends who put the Prayer of St. Francis to comfort and guide during Denison's loss last week. It is a wonderful prayer, an important prayer. My brain takes me to music and this song kept finding its way. I hope you will benefit by listening to it:  make me an instrument of your peace sarah mclachlan   Thank you YouTube for delivering a number of interpretations/performances.

And while I'm sharing Peace....I'll end with one of my favorite songs, from "my time" as Sally likes to say...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9ymhfB5nys  Natalie Merchant performing Peace Train by Cat Stephens.

Lessons keep repeating in my life on Newark-Granville Road. The importance of listening, really listening and hearing what people are saying is so imporant.  Doing this brings peace and I'm grateful.

No comments: