Search This Blog

Monday, December 17, 2018

A post for a Sunday in December.

I wanted to post this yesterday- on Sunday. It makes sense for Sunday posts to have religious direction.  Content today is looking back and looking forward.

I've wanted to share this sermon preached at FPC in early December for weeks, love that technology  allows us to share things like this!!  Karen Chakoian, First Presbyterian's Pastor wrote this sermon. Janice Hilkerbaumer, our Parish Associate delivered it- so well.  I love teamwork and this was the epitome of partnership.  Most important is the message!  Here is it, The Messy Lineage of Jesus:

https://www.granpres.org/sermons/2018/12/6/the-messy-lineage-of-jesus?fbclid=IwAR3am0Qw5RYOhIUk5zgzQqc-zo-rKavT9aVbPVvqs-tRdI-AZB4y5J2bD4I

A new friend asked about where to attend Christmas Eve service in Granville.  I wanted to share insights on all the churches.  I tend to like to know the options and I like to be fair.  Each church has so much to offer.  However I love our church and want to make sure this friend and all of you readers know how welcome you are at First Presbyterian Church of Granville.  The challenge is which service!!?!!  The 4:30 is so sweet and simple- very close to my heart.  It just isn't the children participating- it is the adults and young adults behind the scenes!  The 6:30 Service with the amazing Angel Choir- you won't be sorry!! Like to sing the carols on Christmas Eve? This service is for you!  I've been known to attend multiple services to feed my soul in all directions. The quiet, stillness and sweetness of the remarkable event deserves a service like the 9:30 pm.  I do miss midnight services from my young adult life but recognize what an effort it is to do these!! Thank you FPC!! This is from Facebook:

Join us on Christmas Eve!
4:30pm | Family Worship with Children's Choir
6:30pm | Lessons and Carols with Angel Youth Choir
9:00pm | Intimate Communion Service with Chancel Choir

Here is the link to the FPC site.  This is the church in Granville on the north west corner, brown stone.  https://www.granpres.org

Please know you are always invited! Christmas Eve is special and wonderful but so is
every Sunday. It is a great way to start the week, find support for our world and make new friends.  All this said above...here is an awesome quote that just appeared in my Facebook feed!!

I believe churches are meant for praising God. But so are 2am car rides, showers, coffee shops, the gym, conversation with friends, strangers, etc  Don't let a building confine your faith because we will never change the world by just going to church we need to be the church.

Amen- Lauren, I need to figure out who wrote this and give credit.  Life on Newark-Granville Road- Sunday post on a Monday, church and love of God, love of our Advent season and all the lessons everywhere!

Join us on Christmas Eve!
4:30pm | Family Worship with Children's Choir
6:30pm | Lessons and Carols with Angel Youth Choir
9:00pm | Intimate Communion Service with Chancel Choir

No comments: