Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

One of my favorite Denison Celebrities has died.

I was all set to write about the big time connected FOMOs happening in my life on Newark-Granville Road.  Clare has it- she wants to be back at camp. She flew home to go to Orientation at College of Wooster!   That leads to my FOMO- Joe is there and I'm thrilled. He is loving it. He called 3 times yesterday to share updates, observations and even thanked me for sending him! I chose not to go for a number of reasons- ask me in person.  And then there is Sally her FOMO is future- she just wants to be at camp now- her session starts next week- she is just sad and bored.
And that is Okay.

Instead of digging into this theme and my behind the scene insights, toe-skim psychology, and sociology,  I have to share the sad news that hit my inbox this am.  One of my favorite Denison celebrities has died- Molly O'Neill '75.  Here is an informative article on her life, illness and what will lead to a new book on my nightstand- https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/17/dining/molly-oneill-dead.html  This article says it all and so much more.  I am a huge Ruth Reichl fan and enjoy Ann Lamont- reading their insights and actions make me love them, admire them and want to thank them. I had the privilege of engaging with her when she was awarded her DU Citation: https://alumni.denison.edu/citations/molly-oneill/  You leave a legacy, you make us Denison proud Molly.  Rest in Peace.

As always- more to come, more to share but I wanted you to know about Molly. And one more thought on the FOMO- it is okay- it makes me happy we have places we want to be, friends we want to see. I'm grateful FOMO for our girls is a phone free, low-key, old-fashioned camp on a river.  And by the way- I get to go there this weekend- is it Saturday yet?  Can't go until the work is done...back to work!

No comments: