Search This Blog

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Blessings, on butterflies and on the blog.

October is in full swing and has filled me with so much happiness in my life on Newark-Granville Road.  At FPC https://www.granpres.org we're focusing on our blessings. We're using butterflies to capture the many things we recognize God gives us in our lives.   I'll use this platform to share just a few of the blessings in my life since my last post!

Time with Clare.  Last Sunday Joe and I went to take in the last fall ball play-date game and that was really fun.  It gave us a hint of what is to come- it makes me smile that my first outing to the Wooster stadium was for lax.  However, it is fall and I look forward to getting there for a football game!  Soon grasshopper, soon.  Clare spent her fall break week with us, her friends and the oral surgeon- implant process step by step. She is so happy and we're so grateful she has her home away from home at Wooster. It was so nice to cook for her, catch-up and hear and see her happy and connecting with dear ones.

Time with Joe- absence makes the heart grow fonder.  He's back traveling which is great- it means he is engaging in the work he loves- helping clients navigate data- over-simplified but truth.  I enjoy picking him up at the airport, sharing the Eisner Opening and BoJack Horseman for the stage!!, a Granville date night with his work friends. Bonus was Buxton basement tavern time and Granville brewing.  Even going to the grocery today was nice.

Construction- it is getting real, the breakfast nook area is framed and porch coming soon- holes for footers in the back yard.  It does mean that piles are everywhere.  We're always in motion and actually found a pile of mail from our last clean-up/move things time- Derby! Thank you for the thank yous, invites and oh yes- now we know why the garbage was not picked up- the bill was not paid- eek!
May mail  found in October
The weekend also allowed me to:
  • hug a dear friend having a good day in her cancer battle.
  • accept a delivered bouquet from a sweet friend's garden with a handwritten note.  
  • select probably the last of the season's dahlia's at the Granville's Farmers Market. Peonies are one of my favorite welcomers of summer, these tubers usher the season's close so very well.
  • I caught up and treated myself at an annual shopping outing in a special friend's home with great folks corralled.
  • I cheered for Denison field hockey and football teams all bundled up- bringing out the winter hat a bit early but it works!  So many great parents and alums on campus and around this weekend- what a delight to engage and see folks at every turn.
FPC's love shown bright this weekend.  The rummage sale allowed me to see true beauty shine- Ellen prepped us to welcome all our neighbors and we did and I was teary.  Sally and Peter volunteered in their ways.  Our service today was amazing in so many ways and again I shed tears of joy. Our blessings multiple and go into the world making a difference.  Giving is expotential- I talked about this at the DU FLC meeting and it is so true for my own life on Newark-Granville Road.  Thanks for sharing and making it so with your friendship and support.

No comments: