Search This Blog

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Sunday- here we go again....

Sunday seems to be post day lately.  Thanks for reading and sharing the happenings in my life on Newark-Granville Road.  It is time for bed but a few reflections from last week as well as invitations for the upcoming week.

Last Week: Yes, I did get some rest.  I had to drive to Crawfordsville, Indiana to do so but I enjoyed going to bed early in a beautiful historic home in the country- thank you Air BnB.   Peter's visit to Wabash College went well.  More as he progresses on his journey.  I always benefit from a college visit and was quite impressed with this historic, Midwestern, liberal arts college.  Frequent readers know I love a good road-trip!  NPR, chat time with my companion or phone time and just listening to the radio with beautiful scenery a nice break from routine!

Joe and Sally took in the Wooster Black and Gold Weekend- so kind of them to host Denison as the football opponent.  Joe loved the bagpipes and band, the DU win was nice too!  I was sorry to miss but am looking into a road trip north for my own college plaid game day!! Fun to get Joe's report on how happy Clare is and how much he enjoys her friends.  Sunday phone call tradition continued and I loved  hearing Clare report on how happy she was with her Dad and sister's visit and update me directly on her fighting Scot updates!

Denison Reunion planning getting real:  Denison Class of 1989, 1990, 1991 30th Reunion Page   On Facebook- please join and check-in! Also we get a website: https://class.denison.edu/1990/  More in the future. Thanks to our classmates for leading and being involved!! Mark and Lauren- you rock.

And how about those Nats!  Future Blog post- how we raised a Nats fan.  It really has been great baseball and what really makes it special- Peter and Joe's commentary, knowledge and passion that they share liberally.   Mother Nature is delighting us outside, The Works art gallery delights inside and many pieces of art showcase her brilliance.  https://attheworks.org/experience-art/  I was able to see this on Thursday when it opened and look forward to going back.  Bonus- picked up a new pumpkin from the glass pumpkin patch- one with warts to honor our little patch in the front yard!

This Week:  World Series- LETS GO NATS!  http://business.granvilleoh.com/events/details/candidate-issues-forum-13925  Candidate Night- Granville!! 6:30 pm
LETS GO ACES- Girls Field Hockey takes on Columbus Academy- 5 pm- CA.  On Tuesday of course.
Keep an eye on the house on Wednesday- both Joe and I are out of town.....I'm only in Indy for the day- he is  working in North Carolina most of the week.
Construction continues and great progress is being made.  I'm reminded over and over why I'm happy not to be building a whole house- those that have done it- bless you.

We're heading into transition time- winter sports meetings- check- basketball for Sally, swimming for Peter.  It is good to connect with parents and players and start making plans in our Life on Newark-Granville Road for the rest of October and into November, December...time flies, soaking it in on a Sunday.

No comments: