Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Gratitute for Gratitude and MLK Feed the Dream Details!

 I received some very special gifts this holiday season.  One is a package of "Gratitude Cards".  I am excited to share, send, and use these cards with quotes about....gratitude!  I admit to having a slight bit of a hoarding mentality. I always want to ensure I have the perfect card to send and will hold something in reserve. I'm trying to do better- the card isn't serving its purpose in my card file. So as I send these cards I thought I'd document the quote here. This way I have the quote for the future and can use it when writing- notes, blog posts, remarks, etc... So here we go. I am indeed grateful for the reverence and understanding gratitude plays in my life on Newark-Granville Road, it was a good friend who shared such a giving gift.

It is not happy people who are thankful. It is thankful people who are happy!

(this is going to a dear couple volunteering with youth at FPC- they have and will make so many people happy.)

Living in a state of gratitude is the gateway to Grace!  Arianna Huffington

(oh my this is going to another church connection, we are all about the Grace in covid times!! During a meeting yesterday we were reminded to give ourselves Grace, not just others.)

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.  Helen Keller

Gratitude helps us to see what is there instead of what isn't.

The Leithausers are grateful for what we have in our life on Newark-Granville Road. That is why tomorrow we gratefully serve: FEED THE DREAM!   On Monday: 1/18/21- MLK Day we will volunteer from 11-12 at Ross' please drop off food or money for the Licking County Food Pantry!  Details here: http://onedayoneton.org/?fbclid=IwAR0cFKYsn5_kJcD69UFkAHcVTVDMG3Jpt2_IjtyDsTHMS3ulcukhoq8J64k


Updated- 1/25/21:  THANK YOU- appreciate everyone's support- and truly kudos to the leaders and board, but we could not have done it without the gifts (and the Ross IGA/Market!!). Results:

$20,000 in monetary donations and 1.6 tons of food!  With the FPN buying power, that is the food and funds equivalents of 121.6 tons of food collected for this year!  Joleen shared this quote with the news:

The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate acts of its members-  Corretta Scott King!  What a lovely community we call home, in our lives on Newark-Granville Road!



No comments: