Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2021

And now there are Three/Denison Everywhere!

The house is quiet.  We have quite a bit of leftover dinner, and I even reduced the recipe!  Life on Newark-Granville Road is down to three. And a driving teen so things are different.  Peter and Clare are happily at their schools. Being tested often and checking in on Sundays.  Peter forgot his ties and a pillow. We mailed the ties and ordered a new pillow.  It was nice to have my Mom join the delivery day.  Mom likes to see where her kids/grandkids are.  One year she drove from Central Pennsylvania to Omaha, Nebraska, staying less than 18 hours just to see my apartment and have dinner with me.  Hooray for her friend Carolyn R. for making that trip.  Not much fanfare for Clare's delivery- she packed Bessie the car and went.  I didn't even take a picture- 2nd semester sophomore year I guess?

Work is kicking in- Denison students are making their way back. Details about how we're keeping them and our community safe here:  https://reopen.denison.edu/hc/en-us  Denison Everywhere is Wed (and tomorrow) two dates to include international families- a zoom gathering for each hemisphere- so clever!!https://alumni.denison.edu/denison-everywhere/  This event is for all Denisonians- parents, grandparents, alums, partners- register pleas!  School started for me and I am so excited! IUPUI Lilly Family School of Philanthropy- Master's program- Principles and Practices of Fundraising!  Every Thursday 6-9 pm- via Zoom is where I'll be.

In honor of the last child at home- I posted another picture of her on the main blog page. Actually, it is somewhat of a collage.  We cleaned out old frames and gave them away- (three cheers for Buy Nothing Granville for taking my frames, and art supplies)-but I had to capture these pics. Oh, the fun of capturing the beauty of kids and leaves!  The reality is we don't have as many pictures of Sally so here you go.  I remember the day with the three of them running. Sally was well into potty training- (no more diapers for Ducky) and so proud of those big girl pants..and her boots. Oh, Sal-gal we love you. Our pumpkin and Snow Angel.  It will be good to have this quality time with you, in our life on Newark-Granville Road. 

No comments: