Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2021

Vaccine or Vacation Take Over- excited to have had both!

 Two for me, Joe's second is scheduled, Sally has her first appointment on Monday, Clare has one checked off and Peter texted his dates- Life on Newark-Granville Road is in vaccine mode!  Family and friends are texting and posting their updates- phew, yes, woo hoo!

And this week we did sneak away for some R and R with Nana- taking vacation! We executed last year's trip without Peter- sigh. Watching that Nationals Spring Training baseball was a huge treat- baseball and a cold beer- ahhhh. Joe taught Sally to keep score, yes what a beautiful thing vacation time can be.  Quality time with my Mom was important and I'm glad she joined us for our quick trip and the bridge of her time there with Matt and Dawn.  We missed seeing the sunshine Stoners this trip.  Sally was ready for the beach but Mom and I wanted to shop.  We let them get a head-start to Miami and we lingered to explore the ins and outs of Palm Beach. Yes, the home of Lilly and it was a two stop shopping experience for me.   I was a little taken with how well everyone dressed and almost felt like we were on a movie set- it felt so foreign, surreal compared to our year of staying home. Ultimately we connected and yes, beach time was heaven- floating in the Atlantic is one of my favorite things to do and it had been some time. Finishing this month's book club book- paper version- a special treat!

I'm not one to post while out and about- nothing like saying- we're not home to the world.  I do love the chance to get out of town, explore and see the sights.  The social media break time-out is another healthy change of pace. It had been too long and it was time. Sally and Nana do make great travel companions and I recognize time with them is fleeting so thank you to them both for indulging us and joining.  Joe is my perfect partner- we take turns securing reservations and finding beach space.  It was great to say hello to other families in similar pursuit. It felt in many ways like a collective sigh to find the sun.  It was a quick trip- back for class and Easter but we made it work.  Life on Newark-Granville Road more than ready for more of a return to normal!  I hope you are finding the time you need, I may have waited a bit too long for this one- I needed it and am savoring the memories we made AND happy to be home in our life on Newark-Granville Road.

No comments: