Search This Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2021

July's Gift of a Day

It is the last day of July and it was a very good day. There are "these days", the days that just do not disappoint. Days that feel good. Momma said- bottle that feeling, tuck that away for the days that do not feel like this.  Today I savor and share and post to the blog.

The day was launched yesterday- a full work day, wrapped up with a lovely dinner with friends, Joe and Peter at MCC and then watching Ted Lasso, season 2!  A day with a call from Clare (camp counselor), a very happy letter from Sally (in week 5 at camp as LIT) and a posted picture capturing Sally and the LITs in camp contentedness. 

I woke up early ready to go and grateful for the energy to start the final draft of my exit essay for my graduate school class. It has been an amazing summer session. The Global Exchange has provided an important perspective and many ah-has. I have enjoyed working on the final paper reflecting and connecting. Connecting not just the course work modules but the program's studies. I'd like to take my first class over again with this group of classmates from the US and Hamburg, Germany.  It really is pleasing to have school work flow and for me it does happen on weekends in the mornings.

I took a break and went to the Granville Chamber of Commerce's Farmer's Market.  Markets at this time of year are pretty spectacular.  I bought corn, peaches, flowers, rhubarb, tomatoes, beans, bread, bagels, pizza crust and a chocolate chip cookie for breakfast! A Seaworthy salted chocolate chip cookie with an Iced Coffee. I also went to town to finish a few errands, sending a gift and pictures to Sally. She reminded me of this to-do in yesterday's letter. I returned to work and wrapped up the draft with 20 minutes to spare. I squeezed in a bit more shopping. We really have sweet shops.

Joe had lunch ready, the BBQ we picked up on Thursday to support Newark Rotary- thank you City BBQ. A quick change and we were headed west to golf with a special couple at Muirfield Country Club.  It was the perfect day with no humidity and I played just fine.  A treat to catch-up and enjoy the links. Dinner on the patio was such a treat.  

We're home sitting on the porch, reflecting on this beautiful day, month, life. Life on Newark-Granville Road is very special. Thanks to all that make days like this possible.




No comments: