Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2022

Facebook Cover Photo for the Record

If you follow me on Facebook, you know I like to update my cover pictures. If Denison is featured that is my nonverbal way of saying: in my life on Newark-Granville Road, woo hoo it is all things Denison right now.  Usual occasions are June Orientation, Commencement, Big Red Weekend, Reunions and the combined, Venn diagram combos like prom pictures, college tours, game days, or visitors to town inspire the photo post.

I thought it might be good to share a snippet of my week and provide the why these pics, and why the happenings in these two pics. Both cover photos I enjoyed posting!


I type this blog from my Mom's screened-in porch! I ended up making an impromptu trip to Maryland to deliver Clare to her internship in DC. Her flight was canceled and it just seemed easier to drive her! (Internship is with DC Again, more on that later- yay Wooster. She is Poli Sci major.) Actually, our journey led to Annapolis and gave me the occasion to spend the night with my sister and family! A true treat as our summer schedules are not in sync this year. I am working from Mom's in Hagerstown and will be home later tonight. We return for vacation time at the end of the week.  No worries, I love the drive time, talk time, read time (Clare drove yesterday), podcast time, and the scenery!

Strawberries for the celebrations. I don't know much about "love languages" but a quick google search leads to insights about food and cooking is included. I guess these actions would fit in service or gifts or both. Anyway, I do like to cook to show my love and I enjoy eating. I appreciate it when people like what I make and even request it. Dear friend Morgan celebrated her golden birthday- the 25th on the 25th. She requested the berries I love to offer at Derby. I love that she asked. I ended up adding a touch of a theme by adding golden sugar berries. While I was added I found the sprinkles and it was Granville Pride, so you'll see pride berries there too. It was fun to share these at family dinner on Saturday in my life on Newark-Granville Road! Another impromptu happening- having Scott and Ann with us at the Pride Parade/walk and dinner!

Life on Newark-Granville Road has been full this spring and now it is summer- ahh! Welcoming summer at the Soltice is always a special day. Summer leads to the wrap-up of the fiscal year and kick-off of the 4th of July and beloved summer happenings. More to share and more opportunities to capture this beloved season in photographs. Stay tuned. Thanks for reading.


No comments: