Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Love my Birthday and Survey Plug!

Please take this Granville Comprehensive plan survey:  

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BMTCFTD  Thank you!

Birthday update:

I love my birthday and I'm so blessed to have many traditions and options to celebrate.

This year I opted to spend it in Maryland. I'm helping my mom prep to sell her house and move to Woodbine, MD with Michael Bolinger.  Yes, this is an exciting and big deal, but not really. It is also exactly what feels natural and wonderful.  No, this is not my childhood home, however, it is the grandchildren's home. The Hickory Hill house is where I brought all my babies, where my mother cared for me as I recovered from childbirth and she bonded with her grandchildren. She had a nursery and all six grandchildren made that space theirs together.  Our full family- everyone with a spouse- made this home base many holidays and summers. It is a special place.  But this blog isn't about this transition and milestone, this blog is about my birthday.  This is the time of the summer that works to visit to help and spend time together.

Today was a lovely day, my birthday cake- fresh-baked coffee cake, that melted the candles.  A latte from Dunkin Donuts delivered to my bed by Joe and bonus, creamed chip beef I've craved for weeks. Then we golfed. Golfing on the FHCC course is a treat, going out with Joe, Peter, and my Mom ice cream with a cherry on top.  I didn't get my best score, but I had strong drives, decent 2nd shots, and laughs.  My Mom kept saying- it is a hard course, and it is.  Donald Ross' greens keep you on your toes and my handicap exactly where it is.

The night ended with cocktails on my Mom's porch and dinner at the stadium. Oysters on the half shell, steamed clams, MD crab soup, and a taste of the boy's burgers and fries- delish! So much more to say but will end with THANK YOU for the reach-outs, texts, and social media greetings. Birthdays are special and meant to be celebrated. I missed making the lake swim, jello cake, MCC time (thanks friends for celebrating early), and other life on Newark-Granville Road gatherings.  Granville's 4th is special but Maryland competes- the fireworks at FHCC were stellar, the night out to hear Billy Strings in MD, wow, and family time with my sister and Greg, was precious.

Cheers to my new year, cheers to all that made it special, life on and off Newark-Granville road is good this 4th of July 2022.





No comments: