Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2022

Road Trip Listen and Recommendation

 Lucky me, Saturday I headed south to pick up Sally at camp. Lucky me because 


a. I was retrieving my dear daughter I had not seen in eight weeks. Yes, eight weeks! We are proud of our Junior Counselor at Camp Alleghany for Gifts and all the learning, growth, fun she accomplished this summer on the banks of the Greenbrier river. Want to know more about this 100 year old, confidence building, simple old school but not too much so camp- let us know!camp alleghany or visit here!


b. I cared out over an hour exploring the shops and scenes of Lewisburg, WV.   Heck, I love the whole drive and scenery.  I hit Beckley and I'm giddy! https://lewisburg-wv.com/  I did not have time to take in a hike or a stop by the Greenbrier Resort- but I'll be back. The trip affirms how special this part of the wold is to me.

c. Podcast time!  Here is what I listened to:

  • https://www.alieward.com/ologies    All of these are amazing! Thank you Ann Leithauser! The cider one was pretty cool, the ADHD important, the personality-WOW and then the latest which is an encore about sea turtles- wonderful.  I really am not overly into sea turtles, and was thinking there are probably better things to listen to for work or school- but she pulls you in and you learn and are entertained.
  • https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/oprahs-super-soul/id1264843400?i=1000571297668    Thank you Matt Stoner! This is an important listen and I'll be reading more as follow up. David Brooks' Second Mountain is an important concept, perspective for our world and connects to my work with studies and commitment to community, and my family.  Make time for this one, and let's discuss!
  • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC87JyEX1ULkUhcEKEYcICGQ/live  I caught up on sermons at FPC- Granville First Pres- good work Kevin and Tiffany, thank you for your commitment and care.
c. I came home and experienced profound joy- family dinner- Sally's favorite chicken salad, farmers market yummies with fresh flowers and all my babies under one roof in the dining room- it doesn't get much better than that and happens far less frequently.


My life on Newark-Granville Road, I like to learn and share!  Soak in summer and time together, I am.

No comments: