Search This Blog

Thursday, January 4, 2024

I'm Glad I Blogged @ 2023!

To write the year wrap-up, I glanced back at the posts for 2023.  Early was the contemplation about continuing this blog. I'm glad I did, for the reasons cited then, there were stories to tell in 2023, important milestones to chronicle. Oh my were there! Thanks for sharing the journey of the year and our Life On Newark-Granville Road!

Here is the last post for 2023, this will be the cut-off for the Blog2Print Book, I'll let the pictures tell the story and I'll add a bit as we go. 

Celebrations:  Three graduations in our family within 24 hours- seriously? 

Cate- Miami of Ohio, Grace- University Central Florida- same day, then Alicia the next day Indiana Wesleyan University!  So proud of all of these women and their efforts!



Westerville Leithauser double graduation party!










Traditions- The Night Before the Night Before, all the better with KIDS!

Ice Skating on Christmas Eve Day- just love what the Prophaters-Jump Families started oh so long ago:








I do love to set a table and this year we gathered around it with two families- Love-Fullers for Eve dinner and Westerville Leithausers for actual Christmas Day...we didn't take enough pictures! FPC's Christmas Eve service was lovely as ever, having "alums" sing with the Angel Choir is touching, having Izzi and Esme there- it is a special family holiday.








Then on the 26th a trip to be with Joe's family in Ohio- it was wonderful!







At Thanksgiving - we hatched a plan that came to fruition- sibling NYE....in Delaware! Peter flew to be with Louisa. Joe and I drove Clare with her dear Caroline to DC stopping for dinner with Mike and Mom! It all worked and was just lovely.

Antietam Battlefield Stop on the drive!
If you know you know- Bay Bridge


Nothing better- such a treat! Had Nicobolis two days in a row!

Mom and Mike, stopped by for a hello and Happy New Year, they were in Rehobeth!


The beach at Lewes, DE

lucky me to have these men in my life on NG Road


Thank you 2023, we were not quite what would happen in 2023, but we were together and we're so grateful for the family and friends who shared it and made it all so!  Here we come 2024- like Remmy going after a ball into the ocean! 



No comments: