Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Where is Susan- Kicking Off 2024 with Travel

 NYC twice, Florida three times- with Boston for good measure! I type this in the middle of this travel plan. For the record one of these was personal- and oh it was lovely to take some time with friends in Naples!

With the kids now "out of the house" it makes travel for work all the easier.  And it is true; absence makes the heart grow fonder, even after 25 years, I look forward to the cuddles with Joe and Lucy on my return.

Denison events are special, meetings with Denison's parents and alums even more special.  I am fortunate to have a job that has me developing relationships with these Densionians by meeting in person.

Sure I spent a whole day in the Columbus airport due to delays and had extended time in New Jersey. Unfortunately, I've been on four different airlines so air miles are not adding up fast.  I work from hotel rooms and libraries. I work many evenings and try to squeeze in some me time. I need to get better about exercise but I do pack the sneaks and get in beautiful walks!

Personal time with friends and family really makes it worthwhile- the Bright Line: https://www.gobrightline.com/ was a treat- the high-speed, private train service in Florida! I took it from West Palm Beach to Orlando and flew home from Orlando the next day. This new train has stations that are sleek and modern, trains are clean and new and fast! Customer service needs some work but they'll get there.  I took a Zoom call from the train- such a great option! I am a fan of the option of train service in Ohio- Cleveland-Columbus- Cinci- bring it!  I did this by adding vacation time so I could see my brother's new house and take some time to hang out with him. Bonus lunch with a grad school friend- truly a mentor moment- an important time to reflect and talk about what we learned, how we're applying it, and maintaining the relationship! Thanks, Mary Beth for making time for me!

Life on Newark-Granville Road- keep me posted on where you'll be as I hope we can connect here, there, and everywhere! tomorrow- Denison Everywhere- Boston for me!  https://alumni.denison.edu/denison-everywhere/

No comments: