Search This Blog

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sunday Start-Up

It is going to be a great week!  What a lovely lovely Sunday to start off the week.  Here are the whys it was great:

Trip's Sermon- what a wonderful message for our world.  Straight from scripture with real life examples showcasing the lesson.  http://www.granpres.org/sermons/   I hope it shows up on this link soon!! I'll encourage Trip, here is the link to the Ted talk he used:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s3bdVxuFBs about trading up the red paperclip!  Bottom line- transfer God's gifts, make the world better, our community, your family, your job, your church, don't be afraid to share and grow.

I was in such a happy place as I heard the sermon thanks to the beautiful anthem by the Children's Choir.  Well done Carol and all the incredible youth- Child of God- yes, yes we are Children of God and you made sure we were reminded. It was a beautiful piece that brought me to tears.  My family loves to chuckle when they look over and the tears of joy flow.  I find such peace and assure with these children's messages.

Sunday School- once again I am humbled and honored to gather with wonderful parents in our community committed to helping one another raise our families.  Encouraging, honest, scary, real conversation.  And again I am thankful for those adults leading our children's Sunday School classes. Half of what we need to do with our kids- is be there.  Showing up, making them breakfast, listening, sharing the word, as we talked this morning in the grown-up room- sharing values and the moral compass is sooooo important and doing it over and over and over again.  We must model the way and I'm grateful for a church filled with love and supporting all of us as Children of God.

Kitchen time!! Cooking for family and friends, celebrating birthdays, setting a table, embracing the transition time- summer's bounty and warmth with fall's touches- it made for a great night and end to the day.  I didn't watch much of the debate- a bit with Peter as I cleaned the dishes but I'm ready to wrap up this lovely day and roll-out this week.  It is going to be an exciting one...more details on the blog.  For now know that Sunday started us out right on Newark-Granville Road.

No comments: