Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

What is for dinner.....

Sunday night dinner....in church we pass a grocery list down the pew. Sally whispered during the hymn "can we have mac n cheese? " I said yes and she added the supplies to the list.  I serve it with salmon cakes- a Leithauser celebratory, favorite dinner.  This worked for the week's plan as we wanted to offer- smart food and salmon is brain food.  Peter and Clare had the PSAT on the docket.  (I read the blog from the  Mom with the three kids with perfect ACT scores- she talked about serving lots of fish- legit or not, I love the concept of building confidence.  We're also celebrating Clare's selection for National Honorary Society.  The big splurge- wheel pasta- her favorite.  To round out the meal, Graters and Jenny's ice cream thanks to IGA.  I usually don't serve ice cream with fish- goes back to my grandmother- but I was in a happy place. 

Leithauser Favorite- Salmon cake, fresh broccoli, mac n cheese, with stewed tomatoes.
  And just to keep you posted on the real life happenings- Peter blew out another shoe...can't keep him in shoes.  He even tore his sock at this basketball conditioning day- running. "Planted by foot hard and rip."    Maybe my home cooking on Newark-Granville Road is the reason for his growing?

No comments: