Search This Blog

Friday, November 10, 2017

Planes and Trains,Cabs and Uber and Amazon Bookstore!

Life took me off of Newark-Granville Road this week to NYC!  It was a good trip- great work visits with inspiring Denison parents AND a personal dinner with a dear Denison friend.  As I reflected on the trip I found figure eights manifesting. I truly believe life is figure eight motion. We come and go from people AND places, repeating in similar patterns. Polarity management showcases the figure eights with opposites and energy created in the movement between and it is all connected by the AND.

Plane ride- I'm the one who likes the window seat to take in the scenery- the disappearing and approaching landscape and beautiful skies.  Follow me on Facebook you know I had issues with Delta's customer service but persistence carried the day and I found a kind empowered agent to help. I also love those darn Delta crisp cookies. I also have to say LGA is coming along and has much to offer. I'm always going to be true to Southwest- but when flying to NYC...what is a girl to do- embrace Delta?!  I also love love love a train ride.  I love the stations and the time to sit and think, read, play a game on my phone, catch-up on FB.  It was an easy way to meet my friend in her town and enjoy a great dinner!!   NYC-6:15 pm Princeton Junction 7:30, 2 hour dinner and catch-up, train ride home allowed me to finish my book- in bed and asleep by 11:30.....great end to a great day!

I love how easy it is to get around NYC- I've really embraced subways this year in Boston, Chicago but time didn't allow that to be the case in NCY.  Uber is my preferred mode- I love the email payments.  However sometimes it is hard to find the meet up spot and voila cabs seem to be everywhere.  This trip I divided my time with cabs and ubers.  There is something fun about hailing a cab.

Since I finished my book I needed a new one before heading to the airport to wait out a stand-by flight home  When I found bookstore options close to my hotel- Amazon popped up.  Being a happy on-line customer I was very curious about the real-life in person store. I had amazing service and found a future book club option. It isn't the same as the Independent stores I adore- I have my favorites in Boston, Menlo Park and of course Granville- just down Newark-Granville Road...but data and distribution fascinate me and that is what Amazon is.

What I loved about NYC this trip is the ah-ha about how well all those people- 8.538 million people in 2016- so no doubt there are more Nov 2017- live and work together.  It has to be one of the most diverse cities in America for many reasons. And a range of diversity and it felt so peaceful there this trip. It felt that there was a rhythm of existence that I needed to breathe in, feel.  On Thursday morning I sat and enjoyed coffee and watched the this NYC world go by.  More "And"  poor and rich, homeless and tourist, a range of religions and political views, sneakers and heels, and so much more.  All of my experience could be in competitions or it could simply be -Can't beat 'em join them and keep the balance, keep the AND instead of the Or.  Figure eights of balance allow me to love my life- here and there, on and off Newark-Granville Road.

Quiet Hustle
Found my Denison trip read!


No comments: