Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2018

March..Things to Share including a beautiful blog.


https://juliezickefoose.blogspot.com

It has been some time since I shared another blog site to visit. This is one not to miss. This is an author and artist not to miss! I could of- she was the guest speaker at Monday Talk's (ask me about this if interested- a women's group that is all in the name) luncheon. Thank heavens a dear friend took lead, saved a seat and drew me there. Julie Zickefoose shared her talent, passion, stories, song and perspectives with us. Centered around the creation of her Baby Birds book, it was a delightful way to spend an extended lunch hour. The company was wonderful as well and the theme so well executed at MCC! Julie's blog is a treat! I found out about it on Monday...and today I just took the time to visit. She takes us on her run....she inspired me and gave me some ideas....oxygen in my brain! If you can go see her- Fri. April 13, 2018, 7:00 pm:Explorer Series featuring Women in Science "Baby Birds: An Artist Looks Into the Nest" with book signing at Cleveland Museum of Natural History 1 Wade Oval Dr. Cleveland OH 44106. Doors open at 5 pm, refreshments, lecture, question and answer and book signing follow. I highly recommend it!!


Life on Newark-Granville Road....here there and everywhere....March is a march at times. Joe was in AZ over the weekend- thank you dear friends of baseball league- happiness is a happy husband. I took a quick work trip to DC- I work with the best people and then Joe flew to Louisiana. I'm plotting how to get us around the dinner maybe breakfast table this weekend. We have been tag teaming parenting, talking about how we're supporting our kids schedules and involvement in big things like to walk out or not via phone calls and texts while ubering and checking into hotel rooms, waiting for appointments. Not perfect but it is what it is. We're talking, hugging, sharing and working through this messy and hard thing called life. And finding the beauty and joy with the care of one another. And we continue to learn and try and understand....


Beware the Ides of March...I love love love that I said this last night...picture the scene. Clare is at her spot at the dining room table surrounded by books, computer, phone, planner....we're just ruled out taking her to see DePauw next week while students are there. I make the declaration and she responds: "Really? Oh no.....I'm taking the National Latin exam on the Ides of March?" We smile and she sighs and goes back to the practice tests.


I could write more, in my head I did. Yesterday I wanted to share more thoughts on the Walk out at the Schools. It is complicated. It didn't go the way we thought it would in our lives on Newark-Granville Road. Why does this surprise me. Time to keep Marching.

No comments: