Search This Blog

Sunday, August 5, 2018

All Under One Roof in Granville 2018 August

Reunited and it feels so good.....yes, all three of our kids are back!  Life on Newark-Granville Road at 10:30 am on Sunday, August 5th- Clare still sleeping, on her new mattress, just home from eight weeks of being a camp counselor.   Peter filling out the "book" (Mom's Agenda, the way we keep track of who, where, when) with golf schedule, he joins the GHS team this year.  Sally sharing cat-sitting update, ...Joe making breakfast from Farmer's Market yield.....Ahhhh

Yesterday, I made the drive to Greenbrier County, WVA- down and back, a first for me- it was great! Book-on-tape and phone chats on the way down, catch-up with Clare on the way home- long but full filling day! Bonus-quick shopping trip to the Greenbrier...my happy place!  Today we'll do our best to get organized, prepared for the week AND soak in some summer fun at the club.  Family dinner is scheduled for 6:30 pm- woo hoo- full family dinner!

My Mom has always shared how much it means to her to have all of us under one roof and I get it!  It fits into the figure-eight of life for me.  Family time mattered to my parents and it matters to us.  The family time of my childhood, transfers to wanting full family time with siblings and parents.  The family time of my childhood inspires family time for my own setting groundwork for the future.

Today-I'm embracing this beautiful day with my family. Lifted up by family time this summer and talking about plans for the future.

No comments: