Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

2019- cast off!

Casting off into 2019..with no cast- woo hoo! The first full week of the new year isn't easy, but is exciting.  Getting back into the school routine, Joe back to travel and time out of the house on work- important and for me- the next stage of ankle recovery: boot and no driving!

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cast   Cast definition is interesting and fitting.  We send out, we launch, dispose, arrange, set....all active verbs in our lives on Newark-Granville Road as we welcome 2019!

Back to my ankle- I'm in that phase where I have to ask and accept help. I have to coordinate my own schedule based on the assistance of others. I give up some independence. That was easier the 1st phase with a cast, with required rest and elevation and even easier over the holidays.  I have to pause and say thank you for the great care- meals, visits, even morning mimosas and catch-up time!! I could go on and on- it all meant so much.  I'm still needy.... if you're interested in being one of my drivers for the next five weeks- please let me know.  The primary need will be rides to and from Physical Therapy in New Albany.  Reality is it is only 12 visits and I'll be scheduling them soon.  My immediate reaction is to uber/lyft, but the reality is accepting help is lovely.  Yesterday a dear friend took me to and from my appointment and it was soooo good to catch-up.  She offered and I accepted and I'm glad I did.

I'm also casting energy into our community and it launches today! I've joined the Granville Chamber of Commerce!  My orientation and first meeting is this morning....stay tuned!http://www.granvilleoh.com

I hope 2019 is off to a wonderful start for you.  Thank you for sharing this journey and time in my life on Newark-Granville Road!

No comments: