Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Ending my day with Mary Oliver's Poetry

Nothing Is Too Small Not To Be Wondered About  Felicity by Mary Oliver

https://thevalueofsparrows.com/2017/05/20/poetry-nothing-is-too-small-not-to-be-wondered-about-by-mary-oliver/

Thank you Mary Oliver for your poetry and finding the wonder. Thank you all those that led me to Mary Oliver. Karen Chakoian, John Weigand, Bonny Fowler.  My go-to-poetry book of course had The Summer Day- probably her poem I've heard the most, and for sure the ending line.  I am grateful for social media posts sharing so many beloved collections, reflections and feelings on this day.  The poem above felt right to share today.  Although listening to Wild Geese, Wild Geese recited by Mary Oliver here is pretty wonderful:  https://www.brainpickings.org/2014/09/24/mary-oliver-reads-wild-geese/

Rest in Peace Mary Oliver. Thank you Mary Oliver, you observations into words of art, comfort, delight, examine and share, your legacy is beautiful.  Today in my life on Newark-Granville Road I' grateful to have the sunset and your poetry.

Grateful to the blogs: The Value of the Sparrows and Brain Pickings for these links and poems.




No comments: