Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2019

Celebrating with Truth

Overheard in our life on Newark-Granville Road:  "Oh- that means truth".  Clare's response to the answer I provided to her question: "where are you having dinner to celebrate your anniversary?"  My answer was: Veritas.  https://veritasrestaurant.com

Here is the truth- dinner was fantastic, even for a Valentines set dinner.  Truth- I love a tasting menu when I don't have to make the decision of what to order. Delight me, surprise me, make it easy on you  for a busy night.  Truth- we don't usually go out to dinner on Valentines weekend- kind of like NYE.  Saturday was the one night we could make it work. Our 20th anniversary is on 2/20- fun with math! I'll be in Florida for work.  We often combine it to celebrate Joe's birthday 2/22- he'll be on a guy's trip and I'll be working.  We seized the night.  Truth- I made the reservation frustrated by Joe's lack of planning for the big 20- truth- not warranted, I may have overreacted a bit- good trips coming up this summer.  Truth- he still sends me my bouquet- white roses and I was happy to have them delivered on Friday to the office.  Truth- I'm the planner.  I had always wanted to try Veritas and I it all worked out- the 9 pm reservation was perfect for a busy Denison day- NCAC swim championships, lacrosse, bluegrass, great parents in town and honoring a family.  Truth- ending the day at an intimate table for two with scrumptious small plates paired with wine, an anniversary champagne toast was a lovely way to celebrate 20 years together.  A gift to Joe and a gift to me and a gift for us.  Life on Newark-Granville Road has ups and downs, over reactions and juggling but we know our love is true.

No comments: