Search This Blog

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Back to School on Newark-Granville Road

I live in two worlds. I see both sides- always have, always will I hope.  Sometimes this is seen as conflicted, I see it as balanced.  The debate this week- has summer ended with the arrival of school?
One perspective is- yes, gone are the days of "what will we do today" including being bored!!  And with that the days are getting shorter and mornings are darker.  BUT there are the weekends, sweet weekends.  The temp took a drop this week but it will return.  The Farmers Market bounty is in full swing with late corn and gorgeous flowers.  The calendar gives us an additional month of Summer! I say soak it in take it anyway you can for as long as you can!

Ahhhh School Days, School days, good old golden rule days- reading and writing and arithmetic  As much as I love summer I love school.  The kid's school, Denison school- the routine, the fresh start, the reunions, the familiar sites that just make me happy- bus stops, buses.  It is a lot to keep up with and make happen.  I almost missed curiculum night last night. Thank you Mr. Durst and Mrs. Sharp for the emails.  I didn't want to be there but I'm glad I went.  I am sorry I missed the first Field Hockey game for GHS but school comes first and there will be many games, only one curriculum night.  

GHS is a great place. I met with 7 teachers and heard 7 plans and approaches to help Peter. Joe did the same for Sally and we met at dinner and talked all about it.  The kids sports are important too and they are in fun places- learning, practicing and getting time outside with exercise.  Big years in our house- Peter a senior looking at colleges and Sally a freshmen.  And we think all is well in Wooster Ohio for Clare- a few texts make it feel that way.

Life on Newark- Granville Road is happy this Friday.  We're doing phones downstairs at night- grown ups too.  We're waking up to music with spotify and google home.  We all have a lot on our plates and schedules to keep- just like all of you.   We'll hold on to summer to ease the transition. I've blogged before about transitions being hard but they're also amazing, important and inevitable- we're embracing both sides in life on Newark-Granville Road.

No comments: