Search This Blog

Thursday, August 8, 2019

must be August!

Last night I was at school- required sports parents meetings. Felt like we were just on the lacrosse fields.  Sally is playing field hockey- as a 9th grade- yay JV and the great big group of girls and their coaches. Peter will be manager/alternate for Boys golf- glad he'll keep working on his game, support the program and be with good friends.  I appreciated the presentation on Granville athletic goals- whole person development- team focus- life skills. Health and wellness up there too- we like a schedule in our lives on Newark-Granville Road.  Welcome August.

Who goes where when how is a bit easier with Clare home to help- two drivers!  Practices and day-time to-dos manageable- thanks to all.  Summer reading crunch- thank you Barbara our helper! And I'm focused on following up with incoming families at Denison- work crunch.  I really do love August.  Looking for any chance to squeeze in a trip to the pool, golf course, drive the convertible- must be August.

Lately when I hear 'What is for Dinner?" it actually makes me happy! This morning I popped out of bed to prep dinner for tonight- Clare's request- Spinach Chicken.  Thinking how to fit in other meals before she heads to college.    The washer is non-stop and we're moving cars around to get to above-mentioned commitments.  I'm soaking it in as our new normal with Clare, not in full-time residence in our lives on NG Road will be here soon.  She had a great summer as a camp counselor- Thank you Camp Alleghany!  Our summer travels were amazing. Joe still traveling for work, mine will take a pause as I focus on campus.  The Hamptons event was wonderful and I loved exploring a new shoreline, beach towns and being with great Denisonians.  I did miss my family but coming home was all the sweeter to the full house on Newark-Granville Road!  August means transition, the warm weather and family/friend events make it special.

No comments: