Search This Blog

Saturday, August 31, 2019

Questions this Week.

The pumpkin vine or gourd is taking over....wow!  Front yard, west side- more sun with the tree down? Strong variety deposited there last year?

Why did I get a Preparing for Baby Resource Fair flyer from the hospital?  Why did I even notice? Could it be because I'm missing my "baby girl" at Wooster.  No news is good news- we have not heard much from her.  Joe did get two texts and both involved the need to spend money.

How cold is too cold for the convertible top?  It will be a while until we find out- the heat and seat warmers have been turned on a few times this week.

Why did I wait so long to attend the Millersport Sweet Corn Festival? http://www.sweetcornfest.com  Thank you Betsy and Jim for being fabulous tour leaders. I did pick the right year to attend- beer garden with Yuengling on tap!  Reading this on Saturday- go if you can!

How am I ever going to meet them all?  So many amazing Denison families, so few hours in the day.  I love my job and I think the Sunday after the induction ceremony at the Granville Inn may be a top-three night in Granville for me.  New friends from Chicago and St. Louis joined me for our own Broadway shuffle to the Pub, complete with pizza- Ohio style. We timed it well- thanks Donatos for feeing hungry parents at 11 pm!

When can we do wedges and whiskey Coach?  Denison golf course is really something special and I've played it a few times this summer and do love dear MBCC.  My short game needs a lot of work but I'm trying.

How did we get so lucky?  Last Saturday was one of those quintessential days in Granville- parent breakfast at the Inn- fabulous people- joined the FLC!  Eighteen at the Denison Course with a special foursome (and I had some cool puts, also two double par pick-ups) celebrating 60 with a great family,  cocktails with friends, beautiful Town & Country summer picnic all topped off with convertible rides.    Actually,  yesterday was pretty great too- the week had many moments I just said- ahhhhh.  Honestly, there were some - drat parts of the week too- making the good all the appreciated. And today is shaping up to be another one of those amazing days in my life on Newark-Granville Road.  Who am I to question why, just accept this beautiful day with a grateful sigh.

No comments: