Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

2020 1/12th - on our way- time to celebrate!

Cocktails by the Fire is one of my favorite events in all of Licking County!  I keep it posted on the "join us" section on the right as it is always the 1st Saturday in February.  And I can pretty much say- no matter what! People are always ready for this par-tay- they come in the worst of weather. They are ready to get out, go on a date, connect with great folks and delight in what the Works offers: art, history, science, food, drinks, camaraderie all for a cause!  Join us- Joe and I are on the host committee with fabulous folks.  Wear your kilt, plaid or don't- be you. Drink a wee dram, or don't- there will be many options.  Who knew Tangeray was manufactured in Scotland!!  Even more special is the date is Feb 1st!  Here is the scoop for this year!  https://attheworks.org/events_posts/cocktails-by-the-fire/  Want to go on a history walk- search the blog for Cocktails by the Fire, I stopped counting at 12 but I did find a previous scotch specialty drink- a scotch mojito!! I think this year's drink will surpass that one...but I love innovation and teamwork.

It has indeed been a full month.  Travel launched for me and I'm getting back into that rhythm.  What a treat to head south. We are so lucky to have so many beautiful destinations in our country. Denison Everywhere- a wonderful tradition that continues to break records- I'm headed to Boston.  Joe will be in Mississippi, Matt and Dawn in Orlando, Scott?, Sarah in an airport and Mom and Dad- Mercersburg- you go!  https://attheworks.org/events_posts/cocktails-by-the-fire/  I just love seeing parents and family members joining are amazing alums at these events.  I wish I could be "Samantha the witch" and twinkle my nose to visit all the sites! Last year I did get to two cities!!

I have also officially started the grad work at IUPUI Lilly School of Philanthropy- more on that in the future.  The best part is learning the technology aspect- it is a steep learning curve and I'm doing my best. I love the content and enjoy being in this learning place.

Life on Newark-Granville Road- never dull, better when shared!  Cheers January and welcome February.


No comments: