Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Being me and us in our Lives on Newark-Granville Road

The concept in this article is simple, complex and beautiful.  Accompanied by the Teddy Roosevelt's quote: Comparison is the thief of joy makes for an inspiring Monday!  Inc Article-Hidden Message in Super Bowl Article   Thank you Heidi, my childhood friend for the Facebook post!

This concept came back to me when I added yoga into my health and fitness routine during my five  year work hiatus.  I like to say everything got better when yoga was integrated. I could reach a bit further on the tennis court, my running started to feel more natural.  Was it the stretching and poses, or this golden nugget: no comparisons- you are here today- on this mat.  Do not compare yourself to others in the class on other mats. Do not compare yourself to yourself yesterday.  Be here and now and you.  The timing was right as a mother of young children surrounded by advice written and oral being me, us- Joe and Susan, was important to how we were raising our family.  The intentional mat felt like luxorious me time another piece to the puzzle.

This month Granville Yoga  Granville Yoga Meditation Challenge has a 29 day meditation challenge. I'm in and grateful.  It is not too late to join!!  I particularly like the encouraging emails from Laura Rees and coaching us to find time!  This effort aligns so well with the article above I wanted to share these activities in our life on Newark-Granville Road!  Here is where I meditated yesterday:
LONGR Greenhouse- summer lives on


What else!  Peter Leithauser is being Peter and we're proud of him and the Granville Swim Team! The girls team is the Licking County League champions and the boys came in second.  Peter had a PB on his 50 free and was on the podium for a 1st and 3rd with a relay.  Practice every day in a pool is his choice and we're proud of him.  A huge thank you to the incredible dedication of his coaches- Hillary and Tyler Paulsen!!

No comments: