Search This Blog

Sunday, February 9, 2020

First Presbyterian Church- Call to Community

Spreading the word- our beloved church, very much rooted in the community and focused on mission work has a new project: 1500 Trees for Life! The imitative is housed at FPC but all are invited to join the effort. The goal is to secure donors and facilitate the planting of 1500 trees in five years!  The pilot of 25 trees went well and the effort is taking shape.  We saw a video and learned more about it at our annual meeting today.   AND a bonus for Valentine's Day- if you donate a tree ($150/$200) to be planted in a number of community spots around Licking County- you get a chocolate bar!  Let Your Love Grow!!  Want more details- email 1500tree@gmail.com  More in the news:  lhttps://www.christianpost.com/news/ohio-church-to-plant-1500-trees-in-5-years-in-restoring-creation-effort.html  

Our life on Newark-Granville Road starts most weeks at worship and Sunday school at FPC.  I attended this church as a DU student. When we moved to Granville almost twenty years ago we all joined as a family.   My first call to leadership placed me on the mission committee with incredible saints in the community.   This year I return to the session focused on faith formation.  I chuckle as I type that- should I be co-leading something so important?!  I walk with good people, caring members who serve a call- my role is to facilitate, ask questions, empower and represent.  For a few year's I've served the 2018 Commitment and Beyond committee- success- giving into perpetuity has been established and we talk about philanthropy with greater understanding and ownership.  We thanked Tom Martin for his leadership and all that contributed.  Today's Annual meeting and worship affirmed my call and the work we need to do not just as a congregation but as a community for our world- near and far.  Want to know more about FPC and what is happening- ask me or visit the website, or better yet- join us on Sunday mornings!  https://www.granpres.org  It certainly is a blessing for our family and in my life on Newark-Granville Road.

No comments: