Search This Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2020

I love happy hour and family dinner....

always have, I hope I always will,  but I really do now.  During COVID-19 this is when we unite in our house. The kids come from their dens and join us.  We touch base, we talk, we update at 5 pm ish.  We relax, we put away work, we focus on one another.  Then we create. Tonight Joe is cooking. I planned for the week and had a plan to execute until today.  I'm ready for the break.  Even securing take out was being "on".  I remember this being the "bewitching" hour when they were little, now it is the I LOVE IT hour!

So the rest of the day.  Due to work being up the hill. Helping Denison families. Moving Clare out. We have not felt the full COVID home co-living/working situation.  But the taste of it, the moments we are all here and working, talking is one big inneruption!  I set up spaces for everyone...but guess what- we move!  I am working in the dining room and of course, have work to do while Joe is making dinner and playing some loud music.  He is used to being on calls, working from home and the house is empty so he walks and talks.  Good news- he figured out he can walk outside!  The kids are doing their homework, school work.  And we have our awesome Barbara helping keeping us on task, supporting- but I listen and that distracts me.

Next week- Granville Spring break! Just when we were figuring it out.  But you know what- we need a break.  I will work in the am while they sleep in and then take time off to be together. Clare will be figuring out her on-line/remote learning classes.  And who knows how long this all will really last.  In the meantime we can do some basics well- see picture below for what makes me happy. And you know what they say?  In life on Newark-Granville Road- when Momma is happy, all is good! I hope you are navigating this well. Please stay well, wash hands, stay home but be good to yourselves and stay healthy! Even Dr. Amy Acton (Denison parent of an alumnus) says if we do 80% we are doing well.  I LOVE HER!
Pictures coming soon!  Stay well!

 



No comments: