Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2021

Love in COVID times, LOVE Local - it is February!*

 Sign of the times...the highlight of my day, a text from my mother: I got my vaccine!  Yes, after weeks of hearing how she could not get through or access the sign-up, weeks of reading other people's posts with green in my eyes, the stars aligned and it worked.  She grabbed the first appointment- that afternoon- her driveway had been plowed- so off she went.    And what did she do to celebrate?  She booked a flight to Florida- woo hoo!  Now we're anxious to hear Joe's parents share a similar update.  Life and Love in the Times of COVID-19 in our life on Newark-Granville Road!  (Joe's parents have their first shot!!)

Other updates...looking for great bread, I must share two links:

https://710bread.com/index.php/thursday-menu/  Order on-line- the baguettes are delicious and the croissants you can buy frozen and bake yourself!  We will try the bagels in our life on Newark-Granville Road this week. Order soon- they do sell out.  


https://seaworthybread.com/  This is the bread we've fallen in love with at the Granville Farmer's market..and now the winter market. Winter market ends this week- sniff...but you can pick up this bread by ordering online and at other great shops- including Black Radish Creamery's self- store-see the link!


https://www.facebook.com/BlackRadishCreamery  Bread, cheese, soup, hot sauce, honey, eggs, I can go on and on...check out this great new self-serve shop! Take a drive...I did! Location was a treat to discover.  1st. I love to drive Morse road.  2nd- I have noticed the attractive, "new" barn on 161 before the golf course for quite some time.  I assumed (always a mistake) it was part of a farm.  What a treat to pull into the creamery location and put two and two together! I recommend taking the back way from Granville (and regular readers know I love the back-road path) go Broadway, we call it the new road or Broadway extended- along the highway- this turns into Moots Run Road to Outville Road- you go left/south over the highway.  Then you turn left on to General Giffin Road - it dead-ends into the golf course- or you turn on to the start of Morse road and that is where Black Radish Creamy is! Check the hours and enjoy! ** Highly recommend the Charlie's Legend- Clothbound Raw Chedder- mild sharpness with sweet butter flavor. Yep- quite good. Compared it tonight to our beloved 2 year Shelbourne Farms!


Bye Bye January....hello February!  Take care dear readers- these are not easy times.  We know things will get better.  Happy update- the Christmas Cards arrived and we're sending some out...instead of sending Valentines, I'm sending Christmas cards.  I love to receive mail and send mail.  This means the USPS must be seeing movement and improvement- hooray. And please know if you want to chat, talk, gripe, celebrate, take a walk, share a drink- I'm here or I can be there.  




No comments: