Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Comfort and Peace

The world, our world is filled with so much hurt right now.  Friends have lost dear ones, strangers that share my shoes have had their worlds turned upside down and inside out...there is no sense.  This last day of February I wanted to share something to help comfort.  I wanted to offer a prayer for peace.  Instead I was drawn to the piece of art that hangs in our kitchen, a gift from a dear friend.  "Throw Kindness Around like Confetti."  This aligns with the Granville Leithauser mantra- be kind.

This cool piece with a dictionary page as a background takes the key word of kindness to a new place.  Confetti represent fun and frivolous activity..to me it represents joy.  In this time of blah and sadness we must remember and find the joy too.  Friends that are grieving have shared the joy their loved ones provided and I'm grateful.  The world needs kindness everywhere and we need to spread it.  So in my life on Newark-Granville Road know that I'm thinking of you.  If you want to talk, get tea, chat on the phone, text back and forth, even FB message with me- I'm here.  I'm thinking of you and your loss, your disappointment, your blah, your hurt. I'm praying, I'm thinking and I'm sharing what I hope will help.  I'm thinking of actions I can take and work I can do. My prayer today, may our lives on an off NG Road feel the energy of that kindness confetti.

from Kussmaul Gallery

No comments: