Search This Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day 2020


Mother's Day Eve....2020...we started the day with coffee and beautiful condolence cards and catch-up. Then we went to Wooster so Mom could see Clare's school. We had a lovely day- a drive in the country, picnic lunch of creative sandwiches, in the car.  A Mission 34 walk on the bike path and delicious dinner- steaks on the grill. Life is good.   So good to have Mom here in Granville with us!

A silver lining of our April was reviewing old pictures and I found this gem!  My sister and I believe it is 1990- I was visiting Granville from Michigan, it was Sarah and Matt's parents weekends at Denison- this was dinner at the Granville Inn.

Honoring those that made me a mother!!  Hard to find pictures of me with my three?!! Oldie but a goodies!
Love and peace to all mothers- those missing theirs, those with so much on the plate-we juggle a lot.  Everyone has their own paths and approaches.  I know how lucky I am to have my Mom, had my Mom and Dad's love together and their partnership and to have Joe parenting with me. Mother's day is a complex day and a beautiful day to pause and say thank you and soak in the love that is there for us.  In my life on Newark-Granville Road we'll embrace brunch, church, hopefully a hike and more time in the kitchen together and around the table.


No comments: