Search This Blog

Monday, May 4, 2020

Moving forward in May

For the record books- on the first Saturday in May in 2020 there was indeed festivity in our life on Newark-Granville! Thank you for those that viewed the videos celebrating Peter and our efforts to keep the day special.  Like so much happening during this pandemic there are silver linings and I am impressed and grateful for all the creativity and innovation.  It was actually fun to sip a delicious julep and watch the 2015's coverage of the Derby- something we don't do when we host a party with more than five!  The great race simulation placing the triple crown winners against one another was pretty cool!

Other happenings in our life....I have to document the fabulous Works and the fun we've - okay- I've had with the Mastodon.  I titled this one- not now Mommy is putting!  Follow the works on social media and #attheworks to learn more and see all the other great places the Burning Tree Mastodon is visiting!

I'll keep this one simple- I highly recommend the book by Jason Fagone, The Woman Who Smashed Codes: A True Story of Love, Spies and the Unlikely Heroine who Outwitted Americas's Enemies.   It was great company on my drive to and from Maryland and then I had to finish it for book club discussion.  I took a glorious long long walk around Granville yesterday to wrap it all up and was completely pulled in to the unknown history of Elizebeth Friedman- a smart, brave, independent woman- scientist.

Thank you to all that have shared their condolences and support. We're doing okay, we're processing- just as we all are for so many situations right now.  It feels as if my father's death was an extra shroud pulled forward at this time in our lives.  We're remembering and honoring his legacy and finding comfort in conversation, memories, and special happenings centered around the things he loved most- family, exploration, learning, and creativity! See above.

No comments: